Playstyles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playstyles?

Post  SLASh on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:35 pm

At the old forum, there was a topic similar to this one.

How do you play? Do you usually change "equipment" like, starting with Invisiblity Watch, then Dead Ringer, then Cloack and Dagger, then Spy-cicle and so on? How aggressive is your playstyle? Are you gun spy, or the "normal" one? So yeah. Let's start! Hahaha!

SLASh
Sufficiently Lethal
Sufficiently Lethal

Plays for : [AD]After.Dark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playstyles?

Post  Villdjack on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:51 pm

My playstyle is basicly me making the other team really annoyed, i spam the flanking classes with revolver shots and deadring close to the combo and just keep faking attacks for a while, when they finaly give up i switch to the stock loadout and start doing some work, if the team is still really paranoid after that push, go back to the other set and keep annoying them. And when i use my "Annoying set" its not really useless because i can get alot of work done just by killing flank classes and making the pyro go away from the combo, because the rest of my teams pick classes (soldier, Sniper) are really aggressive so whenever they X class is gone, they can usualy do more work.

When i realise the dr spam wont work at all then i just go stock straight away.

Villdjack
Admin
Admin

Plays for : Fair enough & Team Sweden

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/villdjack

Back to top Go down

Post  adysky on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Villdjack wrote:My playstyle is basicly me making the other team really annoyed, i spam the flanking classes with revolver shots and deadring close to the combo and just keep faking attacks for a while, when they finaly give up i switch to the stock loadout and start doing some work, if the team is still really paranoid after that push, go back to the other set and keep annoying them. And when i use my "Annoying set" its not really useless because i can get alot of work done just by killing flank classes and making the pyro go away from the combo, because the rest of my teams pick classes (soldier, Sniper) are really aggressive so whenever they X class is gone, they can usualy do more work.

When i realise the dr spam wont work at all then i just go stock straight away.

its frustrating to play againts you, no offense :S

EDIT: 69 posts woooooooooo, i will never post again

adysky
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

Plays for : iPn,JASON,TEZC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Villdjack on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:09 pm

adysky wrote:its frustrating to play againts you, no offense :S

Thats the point Wink

Villdjack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:38 pm

I do a bit of everything really. On Lakeside I play Gunspy with Amby, on 5CP maps I C&D comm a load and try to focus the Sniper.

My favourite go-to style though is very aggressive decloaking. I love putting myself in my the best positions possible to go for those big plays. I usually enlist the help of a team distract, can allow for some really great picks. If I know it won't work though, I usually just wait around for the push before I sap, stab, whatever. If I can't get work done, I usually prefer playing the C&D comm Spy as opposed to the DR Annoyance Spy. It's a lil bit riskier imo and not as consistently rewarding as constantly feeding info to your team. But that's just what I prefer.

Except on Koth maps. DR Abuse there is fantastic :3

Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Post  adysky on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:42 pm

when i play spy i play with 2 various loadouts. one is full vanilla (because its best) and second one is revolver/spy cicle/DR, annoying gunspy with ability to extinguish himself every 15 seconds and feign death every now and then? yes please.

adysky
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

Plays for : iPn,JASON,TEZC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sqrt(-1) on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:24 pm

I play a 'suicide spy' playstyle, pretty much going for all of the stabs, even though it doesn't work, or I play a 'silent spy' playstyle, CnD for ages to get one key stab.
When I get frustrated (which is pretty early), I ragequit.
On pubs, I don't prioritize targets, just get whatever I can. (and I still get horrible kd ratios)

Sqrt(-1)
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

Plays for : Currently teamless.

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/sqrtofneg1/

Back to top Go down

Post  PaNissanic on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:46 pm

I play spy very aggressively, but I do try to keep patience when the enemy team is on high alert. I usually try to take out any teleporters or engineers (re)building their nest when a spy doesn't seem like a big issue for them. After taking down buildings, I try to stalk their combo, not really intent on killing, but more intent on giving my team feedback on their next movements. If I see a moment, I go in for the kill on the patient and use my gun to dispose of or make the medic pop. When our team pushes, I just sap the sentry for my mates to take out, or stab/revolver anyone lit up. Eh, it works some of the time, and i'm not against using other tactics such as gunspying with either revolver or ambassador as backup to my team.

PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Plays for : Heart of Steel

View user profile https://steamcommunity.com/id/NissanIceCar/

Back to top Go down

Post  SLASh on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Sqrt(-1) wrote:On pubs, I don't prioritize targets, just get whatever I can. (and I still get horrible kd ratios)
Mhm. Does it really matter? Your K:D ratio on pub servers? I personally only play for fun. I mean, if you have a good inet, like i do, then you can't "tryhard" at a server like reddit, with 140+ ping.

SLASh
Sufficiently Lethal
Sufficiently Lethal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Villdjack on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 pm

SLASh wrote: Does it really matter? Your K:D ratio on pub servers? I personally only play for fun. I mean

on pubs i unbind my scoreboard and remove my chat :^), otherwise ill start saying stuff like "shooting ground is hard" or look at my K:D all the time

Villdjack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaNissanic on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm

SLASh wrote:
Sqrt(-1) wrote:On pubs, I don't prioritize targets, just get whatever I can. (and I still get horrible kd ratios)
Mhm. Does it really matter? Your K:D ratio on pub servers? I personally only play for fun. I mean, if you have a good inet, like i do, then you can't "tryhard" at a server like reddit, with 140+ ping.
While it's fun having a high K:D, you can only do so much as spy. People catch onto your antics after repeated stabs, forcing you to either switch to another class, or go full-on try hard. Personally, I just think that pubs are a decent way to practice those class specific skills such as airshotting or reflects, and also a good way to just relax and have fun.
tl;dr.

PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Back to top Go down

Post  Villdjack on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 pm

PaNissanic wrote:
SLASh wrote:
While it's fun having a high K:D, you can only do so much as spy. People catch onto your antics after repeated stabs, forcing you to either switch to another class, or go full-on try hard. Personally, I just think that pubs are a decent way to practice those class specific skills such as airshotting or reflects, and also a good way to just relax and have fun.
tl;dr.

I like making ppl really paranoid on pubs cause that means theyll be wasting all their time chasing me, and the more they chase me the more likely theyll fall for a revolver ambush/Trickstab

Villdjack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaNissanic on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Villdjack wrote:
PaNissanic wrote:
SLASh wrote:
tl;dr.

I like making ppl really paranoid on pubs cause that means theyll be wasting all their time chasing me, and the more they chase me the more likely theyll fall for a revolver ambush/Trickstab
While that is fun, I do recall a game where I dominated a new pyro player with 3 stairstabs in a row, and after going in for that last stairstab, I noticed that he stopped at the bottom of the stairs...backburner hurts. After that day, I never used trickstabs as my main tool.

PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Back to top Go down

Post  Spycy on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Villdjack wrote:
PaNissanic wrote:
SLASh wrote:
tl;dr.

People play videogames for having fun, and you're here to waste their time. :l

Spycy
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/spycy31/

Back to top Go down

Post  SLASh on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Villdjack wrote:I like making ppl really paranoid on pubs cause that means theyll be wasting all their time chasing me, and the more they chase me the more likely theyll fall for a revolver ambush/Trickstab
This.

SLASh
Sufficiently Lethal
Sufficiently Lethal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RaF on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:57 am

PaNissanic wrote:...I do recall a game where I dominated a new pyro player with 3 stairstabs in a row, and after going in for that last stairstab, I noticed that he stopped at the bottom of the stairs...backburner hurts. After that day, I never used trickstabs as my main tool...

That feel when you fail your trickstab when the new player collides with a wall and gets m1 random crits  Twisted Evil 

I just shoot people on pubs and go stab/headshot my friends who stream   Rolling Eyes 
In comp I just try to play aggressive and still stay alive to call.

RaF
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/rafalema/

Back to top Go down

Post  _kayzer_ on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:07 pm

always with the gun in my hand unless you have 100% certain you can stab a guy. Also if there's a shot opportunity take it, it's not like people won't be expecting you when the time maters, make them rule by your timming

_kayzer_
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top