Revolver and Ambassador and L'etranger and Aim

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Revolver and Ambassador and L'etranger and Aim

Post  _kayzer_ on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:00 am

My answers are quite similar to raf x)

1. Amby in every map except viaduct. Its not because of the elevations that makes harder to aim - people also jump and crouch in order to mess with enemies aim - it's because of the map itself, too much enclousured and intense, its better to get 3/4 straigh bullets into the stomatch then going for hs's.

2. Everytime with the exception of the "100% legit backstab" rule - either you know you are going to kill with a backstab or you simple go for the gun, the gun protects you at any range, its triggers DR faster, its does a higher raw damage and it freightens enemies, if they know you're gun with the gun they won't chase you alone, if your occupying 2 players instead of one you're doing job.

3. Stabbing is worth practicing in pubs when you the oportunity to due a easy stab, you're going to die and need a ace, want to humilliate certain player or have 100% certain it will work + 30-45 minutes a week in degroot. The remaining time should be foccused on aim training and gamesense.

4. Two weeks of ugc plat and etf2l s5 div3 as main spy recently (830 hours)

5. I had a g9x with his fucked up sensor, prediction and shit, sold it for 20€and bought a zowie am 30€, much better now, but the best aquisition was a razer goliathus mousepad, is so much better then having none.

A. Read many people talking about not doing MGE because it doesn't give you any benefict. People are wrong. If you go for a tele in the flank and there's a engie, you will mge him, if you bump into a scout, you will mge him until the best combination od aim and dodging wins. If you go with a spy-cicle for a med and the pyro melts it, you will have to dodge the flames and shoot the medic to kill him. The concept of mge its not improving your aim, its improving your aim while you're in a bad situation. MGE for me its not about the aim practice - that I do on pubs or tr_aim w/ net_fakelag (not tr_walkay, thats bullshit IMO) - its about the dodging "da jukes", top tier mediccs use it to survive, spies ar as fragile as medics.

B. There's no need to headshoot like a demon, but it makes a huge upgrade, so as does hitting 5 or 6 revolver shots out of 6. The diference between great spies and good spies is the aim, because it's the only aspect that depends on you, big stabs don't because great teams are waiting for it + melee hitboxes are broken; aimming its your skill. Althoug I don't aprove silly aimming like shooting a revolver from badwater roof on 2nd to house's door, that's when gamesense cames into play
_kayzer_
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _kayzer_ on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:03 am

SLASh wrote:
pinkrabbit wrote:
SLASh wrote:

Play gunspy on pubservers?

Always, regardless of which watch you use. Once you get your aim to a great level, you start to notice how many more kills become available to you. Pubs are great to practice aim.
Now a little off-topic: And for cloak management? Pubs?

Cloak management its a matter of thinking, before you cloak you have to know where you want to go, if you have enough cloak go for it, if not take a de-tour or wait a few seconds. Its better to be 6 seconds near your team then 12-18 in spawn. Where to practice? pubs are full of people, 24 people is unbiased, so I suggest lobbies ...

EDIT: Sorry for double posting, felt that the previous post had enough text
_kayzer_
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SLASh on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:27 pm

No problemo, also thanks.
SLASh
Sufficiently Lethal
Sufficiently Lethal

Plays for : [AD]After.Dark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Have recently tried Revolver, Spycicle/Wanga Prick, Invis, and I have to say I love it. My revolver aim was alright, and it's fairly reliable, but I love the combo where the knife isn't a great strength.

The Revolver is my gun though, now.
Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nofriendsontheotherside

Back to top Go down

Post  georgebaii on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:37 pm

1. If I can aim, Ambassador, if i'm having a bad day, Revolver.
2. Spies in my opinion should use their guns only if they're in no position to backstab an enemy, or if they're in close range. However with the Amby, long distance headshots can be a real distraction for the enemy.
3. Both are as valuable to each other.
4. I've played lobbies most of the time on my old account, hopin to start hl soon with a new team my friends are making.
5. No. I could probably aim as well as now with a tiny stock hp mouse, but my new mouse has been more comfy.
georgebaii
Strange
Strange

Plays for : TC Synergy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Segno on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Amby on open maps, revolver on chokey maps, l'etranger if the map doesn't have good ammopacks
Segno
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

Plays for : Spicy+ Support

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/SegnoGaming/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregoravich on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Villdjack from 2014 wrote:1. Revolver, In other games i can "click head very good" but in tf2 apperently i suck?  so i just bodyshoot ppl but i have pretty good aim so i hit around 4-5/6 bullets most of the time.

2. Depends COMPLETLY on your playstyle. i get around 70 % revolver frags though.

3. I think you should practice everything, i practice gamesense and stabs/decloaks in pubs and comp, when i need to practice my aim i boot up csgo.
Sad

omg didnt know you was actually me; i just lost the ability to even

Gregoravich
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rocksword on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:46 am

1. For me my revolver isn't so much map dependent as it is watch dependent. I usually use the L'etranger with the Invis Watch or Cloak and Dagger. With Dead Ringer, I find that the normal amount of cloak is usually enough to get away with so I prefer either stock or Ambassador. Currently I use stock with Dead Ringer, but I'm working to improve my aim so I can be effective with Ambassador.

2. Typically for me, I think a Spy should get all the stabs possible first, and then if there's no one left in front of him or his target turns around, it should immediately be a gun situation unless you're trying to lead someone into a trickstab. Even then, having your gun out as you round a corner can make people think you won't try a trickstab, so it's decent in that situation.

3. I don't think revolver aim is quite as important as stabbing. I think it's hard to say that any tool or weapon in the game is more useful than an automatic one-hit kill, but revolver aim is definitely helpful in situations where you can't get behind enemies to stab them, or after you've gotten a stab(s) and now need to defend yourself from the enemies around you. I don't think you need to be godly with it, but being able to pick off low-health targets or get off a couple shots during an escape is pretty nice.

4. I don't play competitive, although I might like to someday.

5. My mouse is pretty trash, which is probably part of the reason why I'm not that good with Ambassador. Occasionally my aim randomly twitches around for no real reason. Wow... I need a new mouse.

6. I would never be an apple-hole. Very Happy
rocksword
Strange
Strange

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198141716764/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregoravich on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:51 am

rocksword wrote:
3. I don't think revolver aim is quite as important as stabbing. I think it's hard to say that any tool or weapon in the game is more useful than an automatic one-hit kill, but revolver aim is definitely helpful in situations where you can't get behind enemies to stab them, or after you've gotten a stab(s) and now need to defend yourself from the enemies around you. I don't think you need to be godly with it, but being able to pick off low-health targets or get off a couple shots during an escape is pretty nice.
You should see some of the spies that mainly just use their gun. they often get much more consistent work done in competitive games where stabbing is a remote possibility, especially in european highlander, where pyros are so good and people have such high awareness. a while ago, HARD was the best spy in europe imo and he almost exclusively used the revolver and outdid many of the best knife spies.

Gregoravich
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Gregoravich wrote:
rocksword wrote:
You should see some of the spies that mainly just use their gun. they often get much more consistent work done in competitive games where stabbing is a remote possibility, especially in european highlander, where pyros are so good and people have such high awareness. a while ago, HARD was the best spy in europe imo and he almost exclusively used the revolver and outdid many of the best knife spies.

He taught me he used his revolver and knife 50 50. However I do agree that revolver aim is a little more important than stabbing, its much harder to get in a position to stab than it is to shoot because of the distance and fact you have to be behind an enemy to stab them.

Sneaky
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Villdjack on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Sneaky wrote:
Gregoravich wrote:
rocksword wrote:

He taught me he used his revolver and knife 50 50. However I do agree that revolver aim is a little more important than stabbing, its much harder to get in a position to stab than it is to shoot because of the distance and fact you have to be behind an enemy to stab them.
Dont forget to practise stabbing though, i have missed alot of trickstabs during important casts because i didnt pub enough Sad

Admin
Admin

Plays for : Fair enough & Team Sweden

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/villdjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm

1. I almost exclusively use the ambassador, and it's basically just because of its mid/longrange capabilities, and how nice it is for gunspies like myself. I pretty much never use revolver, because it doesn't fit with my playstyle. I use L'etranger sometimes, but only when I'm going for like mega-important picks.

2. I tend to think spies should use it a lot. However this depends so much on your playstyle, ability to aim and so on. If you are good and it fits your style, go for it!

3. Yes, aim is really worth practicing. How much depends on your style Very Happy

4. Playing prem next season Very Happy

5. I have a sensei raw. prolly helped me Very Happy

6. Don't be an a-hole.

?? im a spy main.
Toast
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Plays for : Foungi)))

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/ToastTheMugger

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:36 pm

1. the scattergun is better than both the revolver and ambassador so just use that
2. i dont have the bullet points open
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Plays for : whatever the weeaboo team is called this season

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Woolen/

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:59 am

Been a good while since I made my post on this, so I guess I'll update mine.

1. Ambassador large majority of the time. I feel it has a lot more potential than the the Revolver in a majority of situations, and I'm a decent shot. Not to discredit Revolver though, which is a great pickup for me when I feel like getting in peoples faces. L'etranger is also fantastic. All the guns are viable bar Enforcer.
2. If you're not going behind the enemy, you should always be shooting them. If you're behind the enemy, you do what is easier, which always changes. Sometimes it's easier to shoot someone from behind, sometimes it's easier to backstab them. Up to you to decide which one it is. If the target is low though, I would recommend gunning.
3. Aim is incredibly important to practice. It's one of the only things you are in control of when you play this class at a top level. Even Spies like Grenja who relies on his gamesense for fantastic close knife pick decloaks would not get as far as he does if he couldn't hit a large amount of shots with his Revolver.
4. That I do. Having played two seasons of prem and frequently having played with the top HL players in Europe the last year and a half has molded these views I have.
5. 2 years and my answer is still the same. I love my Deathadder. But still fuck Synapse.

Basically I'd say my opinion is relatively similar, except that the past 4 months or so I have given a bit of a fairshake to traditional Spying once more. I still believe in the downsides and benefits of both playstyles, nothing has changed there. But Grenja's positioning against certain teams where he knows he can bypass the pyro really impresses me. He does get huge gamechanging picks.

And with the change to Dead Ringer, I've been encouraged to start focusing on getting into these positions, and at times they have been a huge reward. I still mostly gunspy as my default playstyle, but switching off to C&D or Invis every once in a while to go for a play I can choose rather than just gunning what's in front of me I feel has benefited my play hugely.

Though maybe that's because I've come across a large number of scouts lately that want to be useless and camp their ammo packs for me. Seriously, don't gunspy against these twats on Viaduct. You're in for a lot of pain if you do.
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top