UGC Map Talk - Week 0 Preseason - Barnblitz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UGC Map Talk - Week 0 Preseason - Barnblitz

Post  Carlotso25 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:51 am

Originally brought to you by UnunoctiuM, here comes the return of the UGC Map talk, geared for Spies. Basically, every week we'll talk about the map currently in rotation for Season 12 of UGC Highlander and discuss everything Spy related for it including viable loadout choices, playstyles, who to focus, decloak spots, shortcuts etc.

Barnblitz is a payload map that heavily favours the defensive team. The first point does lend the slight advantage to the offensive team due to the openness of the area, but 2nd point allows for big stalemates if the defending team can meet your uber early enough. 3rd point can be a decent hold but one sometimes skipped due to the importance of holding last point. Widely regarded as one of the most hardest to attack points in all of TF2, attacking Barnblitz last is a challenge for even the best of teams. But whilst Barnblitz doesn't hold a lot of flanks, I feel it can offer quite a bit for the Spy.

Here is a video made by Snow and Grenja last year that explored the map in-depth for Spies:

I'll start first.

I really like to focus the Engineer heavily on offense. If I'm confident that my team don't need my assistance for anything else, then I really target the Engie after first point. To the point where I'll completely bypass the middle of our offense on 1st point to go shut his Sentry efforts down on 2nd point. This is particularly important for attacking last, as it's crucial if your team wants to roll through 3rd to last, though I still like to do it on all points. I don't even kill him half the time, I just shoot his Sentry Gun as it's being built. It wastes his metal, distracts their team greatly and buys time for my team.
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Re: UGC Map Talk - Week 0 Preseason - Barnblitz

Post  PaNissanic on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:25 am

Carlotso25 wrote:

I really like to focus the Engineer heavily on offense. If I'm confident that my team don't need my assistance for anything else, then I really target the Engie after first point. To the point where I'll completely bypass the middle of our offense on 1st point to go shut his Sentry efforts down on 2nd point. This is particularly important for attacking last, as it's crucial if your team wants to roll through 3rd to last, though I still like to do it on all points. I don't even kill him half the time, I just shoot his Sentry Gun as it's being built. It wastes his metal, distracts their team greatly and buys time for my team.
Agreed, engie can be the biggest problem for an attacking team because last is just so easy to defend. As spy, the engie should be your prime target near the 2nd half of the map. I haven't played this map that much in the 9v9 set up, but I do recall that demoman is the next to kill around last, since a good demo can keep track of all the exits/entrances your team can take.
PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Plays for : Heart of Steel

View user profile https://steamcommunity.com/id/NissanIceCar/

Back to top Go down

Post  _kayzer_ on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:45 pm

BLU:
engie sniper focus + calls
RED:
gunspy + height advantadge
_kayzer_
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SLASh on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:15 pm

I backstab people and such.
On offense, i try to go for their heavy classes, and engineer, since the engineer is the last line of the defence, and let's say, if you manage to drop their med, then they can't really do anything against an über push -- except the pyro.
Blu: Focus: comms+combo+sniper
Red: Focus: Heavy/demo+sniper(+may teleport)
SLASh
Sufficiently Lethal
Sufficiently Lethal

Plays for : [AD]After.Dark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:38 pm

As far as loadout is concerned, I run a lot of Invis on offense until we come to a stalemate, which naturally means I always equip C&D when attacking last point. I feel there's no point in running DR really. There's only one place you can go if you're running DR, up the stairs, and it's fairly predictable. And it doesn't get you close to doing what really matters, and that's sapping the Sentry.

For defending, I like to run C&D for first and like to perch myself ontop of the red outhouse. Both of the rock points get checked frequently and are a tad too dangerous for my tastes. For 2nd point, anything is viable imo. Though I prefer DR for getting through the choke. You can agro their tele, comm, etc. For 3rd point I run DR. The map at this point is pretty open, so I love to pester them a lot with Amby. And then for last point I either run DR + Spycicle and frequently cycle back in and out of the last point, or I run C&D and sit on 3rd comming wherever people are going. I do the DR thing if my flank requires a bit of support usually, especially against unchecked Snipers who peek a lot.
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Couple of POV to watch

Post  vox on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Here are couples pov that you might like to watch,

Solid's pov (before the DR patch) but it show very well the DR potential paired with a good aim.

Isil's pov, a more classic spy playstyle (which means predictable!) [it's in 2 part]

And to see how pyro handle the map, Steve's pov (where you'll see how classic playstyles are easily predicted.

And now my big tip, (for the courageous ones) go straight to second's sentry placement (unless you want to try a fancy play) and destroy the backward teleporter the engy set up. You'll make your team earn a huge amount of time!
vox
Strange
Strange

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Isil on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:36 pm

I agree I'm predictable, that's the case for those who doesn't play gun spy  Neutral
Anyways, DR is good for RED when they push your last point.
Barnblitz is pretty a good map for spy.
BLU = engy + combo
RED = pack
Isil
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down