Hei - The Hei Movie

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hei - The Hei Movie

Post  Brag on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm sure you've heard about Stabby Stabby, and before watching this, i considered him the best spy. I've heard about Hei, but never seen him play until this popped up in my YouTube feed. Go watch this, and come back and tell me what you think of Hei.

I think he has amazing gamesense, relies on stealth and his gun, not on fancy trickstabs. And he has the greatest aim ever, stabbing pockets and headshotting the med half a second later.

Pay attention to the pyros he kills, top-tier pyros like Huey Lewis and Satan, i don't think Sabby could've gotten away with that.

Brag
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hei - The Hei Movie

Post  PaNissanic on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Hei is one of my spy heroes that I always looked up to. This new vid gave me a spy-gasm that made me weep tears of pure joy, and I enjoyed every thing about it. Even though I notice his picks on the top tier pyros that pretty much most spies fear, I also note that his acting is spot on, tricking vhalin from -ts- with the demoman disguise, for example.

P.S. I shed tears of sorrow and melancholy when I read that this was his last frag video.
PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Plays for : Heart of Steel

View user profile https://steamcommunity.com/id/NissanIceCar/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sqrt(-1) on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:13 pm

THE best spy movie I've seen.
Sqrt(-1)
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

Plays for : Currently teamless.

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/sqrtofneg1/

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentNinja on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Never thought of Stabby as the best spy out there. Saw his videos, entertaining and educational, his players werent nearly as much impressive as those or the vids from oodles. Also, he fails alot, as you can see in his stream, due to why i think he is pretty much overrated. Nontheless, back to this video. It had awesome picks, best aim ive seen in videos so far and holy shit, those dropstabs *clap clap*
SilentNinja
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Almaironn on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:55 pm

Shit edit tho :3
Almaironn
Wicked Nasty
Wicked Nasty

View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/almaironn

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:14 pm

The video had the desired effect. It made me think Hei is one of the best Spies. Period. I don't know if I'll be thinking that later, but just after watching this, holy fucking shit. His aim, his ability to predict perfectly what's going to happen, his movement, his acting, it leaves me stunned.

And the music, oh god the music, it made it so amazing. Who needs a good edit when you can just slap on intense music and great frag after great frag. Fuck you all, I'm going total fanboy for 5 seconds here. Hei, you're fucking awesome and I apologise for disregarding you for the past year.

Just, wow.

/endfangasm
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Post  Isil on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Best spy movie I have ever seen. Really amazing video. And music fits well with these good frags.
Isil
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaNissanic on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:39 pm

It's kinda funny how we all enjoy the music, but some people on the comments don't. Personal preference I guess. x)
PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:20 pm

...I really hate the music Mad

The frags are good, I guess, but the lack of an edit and the music kinda spoil it for me. It just doesn't seem as impressive, but maybe that's because I don't find people getting basic picks on super high-div players that impressive in the first place.
Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nofriendsontheotherside

Back to top Go down

Post  PixelRelic on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Hei is such a beast
PixelRelic
Notably Dangerous
Notably Dangerous

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/pixelrelic/

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:31 am

Trîp/Reggie wrote:basic picks

what
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaNissanic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:20 am

Carlotso25 wrote:

what
Sure, some of his dropstabs were just the average dropstab on a target, but his gunman-ship was amazing. The second he switched to the ambassador, he had a good idea on where to shoot to get the headshot. I'm also sure that most higher level spies do agree that acting isn't something commonly used, but he managed to trick even the best players with a disguise, like that ending clip.
PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:24 pm

PaNissanic wrote:
Carlotso25 wrote:

what
Sure, some of his dropstabs were just the average dropstab on a target, but his gunman-ship was amazing. The second he switched to the ambassador, he had a good idea on where to shoot to get the headshot. I'm also sure that most higher level spies do agree that acting isn't something commonly used, but he managed to trick even the best players with a disguise, like that ending clip.

Tricking even the best players is literally a case of only letting them see you for the briefest period of time before eliminating someone.

And @Carl: There were no super godlike picks, yes there were chainstabs that required a bit of movement, I can understand that, but backstabbing a medic when you walk round a corner shouldn't really be frag-worthy. I dunno, it may just be that spy clips in general aren't as impressive. The Amby stuff was impressive but yet a bit repetitive, just swish, flick, click and repeat. It's hard, yes, but it's not exactly fun to watch a lot of the time.

Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:46 pm

Trîp/Reggie wrote:Tricking even the best players is literally a case of only letting them see you for the briefest period of time before eliminating someone.

And @Carl: There were no super godlike picks, yes there were chainstabs that required a bit of movement, I can understand that, but backstabbing a medic when you walk round a corner shouldn't really be frag-worthy. I dunno, it may just be that spy clips in general aren't as impressive. The Amby stuff was impressive but yet a bit repetitive, just swish, flick, click and repeat. It's hard, yes, but it's not exactly fun to watch a lot of the time.

You make it sound like it's easy. Sorry it's not a convoluted 360 air across the map headshot Razz. It's quite difficult to do and I admire Hei for how he does it at the level he plays.

His Amby work amazes me and made the majority of the fun of the video for me. The stabs are cool too, but it's the gunwork and movement he combined it with that makes my jaw drop. The way he masterfully scaled the rock on Via and got that Med headshot. Simply superb.
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Don't get me wrong, it isn't easy, I mean I can't do half the shots he can, but the whole premise is that it's fun to watch, and it didn't really achieve that in my eyes.
Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

Back to top Go down

Post  _kayzer_ on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Trîp/Reggie wrote:...I really hate the music Mad

The frags are good, I guess, but the lack of an edit and the music kinda spoil it for me. It just doesn't seem as impressive, but maybe that's because I don't find people getting basic picks on super high-div players that impressive in the first place.

Lol I'm not sure if you secretly envy his movie or you don't know how difficult it is to due this at a high level. Ignoring the net_graph 1 and the horrible HUD (which can be easily ignored due the quality of the frags) this frags are all of them top tier frags. Either it's wrecking the best pyros exactly how they should be handled, having the game sense to stab a heavy eating a sandwich and doing a backcap, decloaking in the right time (mini gun + comms noise + enemy team focused in a push or defende) to backstab the entire combo or strickstabbing high level players with improvised spots (like using the sniper as a elevation to stab the medic).

Yesterday I played against MF and he didn't left me anytime to breath or swap to spy-cicle before getting hit by a flare, that's how good this guys are. The best I did was leaving him 5hp with my gun or backstab him when he was unaware.

As far as music goes, I liked the way the music escalated while shouting his name, after that it became like eating 85 pudins in a row x)
_kayzer_
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:07 pm

_kayzer_ wrote:-snip-

I don't envy him, mainly because he's only human. Anyone CAN get to that level, provided they have the hardware, time, effort and knowledge to do so. He may be getting kills on some of the best players in highlander, but at the same time, the thing with spy frags is that they look exactly the same against really good players, as they do on mediocre players. Unlike in something like 6s, where you can definitely see a change in the player ability on camera (airstrafing, the prediction needed, the movement of the enemies being more profound), spy frags are so limited due to the close or long range combat the spy gets into. Too close, and it's hard to tell what's going on. Long range, and it's all to easy to predict what is going to happen. That mid range combat makes everything look and feel a lot more impressive.
Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

Back to top Go down

Post  _kayzer_ on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Trîp/Reggie wrote:
_kayzer_ wrote:-snip-

xXx
I disagree. You know you can't do long stairstabs to skilled players, you go for matador or quickstairstabs with a slight elevation, or at last time you charge into them and do a quick sidestab. thats skill! you hit 102 on a medic, if he isn't skilled he will move sideways, if he is skilled he will behave like he is dodging on mge with a random movement + crouch + jump. you hit the 2nd headshot, that's skill specially if you twist. also the longer the range the smaller the head hitbox you need to hit. Also, mediocre players are the only one's that chase you in a straight line, you didn't see huey lewis do that, not even when he air blasted Hei into a corner. that's skill!
_kayzer_
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:54 pm

At the same time Kayzer, they're still just the same manoeuvres to get to the person's back, just not telegraphed as much. You can do that on any player. Hell, you could get a long-stairstab on a top level player in certain situations, just has to be disguised a bit better.

Either way, I never said it wasn't skillful, I said it wasn't impressive particularly. Not as much as a long range, fadeaway airshot on a doublejumping scout, as demo or the like, that you often see in other frag movies. That's why Sniper frag movies are so impressive, not because it's on great players, but because it's so hard to hit those shots on a reliable basis, and especially at close range, as Sniper is so very inflexible at close range normally.
Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

Back to top Go down

Post  frownybrownee on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:16 am

Because airshots and medic meatshots are new, innovative and very impressive.

@kayzer MF is pretty wank. There are much better pyros out there
frownybrownee
Positively Inhumane
Positively Inhumane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:52 pm

frownybrownee wrote:Because airshots and medic meatshots are new, innovative and very impressive.

Never said they were new, or innovative. I personally find them impressive, because unless you've played a large amount and/or have a really good PC and take it seriously, they're hard to do reliably.
Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

Back to top Go down

Post  _kayzer_ on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Trîp/Reggie wrote:
frownybrownee wrote:Because airshots and medic meatshots are new, innovative and very impressive.

Never said they were new, or innovative. I personally find them impressive, because unless you've played a large amount and/or have a really good PC and take it seriously, they're hard to do reliably.

Whom said they are reliable? Everyone can look good on youtube.

@frowny Didn't said MF is top tier, but neither is Huey Lewis. Just making a comparison since they're both high-mid plat NA/EU
_kayzer_
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  frownybrownee on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm

I never said anything about Huey as I have only played against him a handful of times. I am only talking about MF

@Trip "they're still just the same manoeuvres to get to the person's back" implies that trickstabs are less varied than airshots and the like. AlsoI find it funny how you talk about how its not out of the ordinary to trickstab a high level player considering you've not actually played at the levels Kayzer/Carl are talking about.
frownybrownee
Positively Inhumane
Positively Inhumane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:40 pm

You try playing in high divs with 10FPS, see where it gets you. I haven't played in the divisions, but I've played with the players. Hell, this entire thing has just blown into insults and snide comments, all because I stated an opinion. I literally said that I didn't like the music, nor find it especially impressive like everyone else has, and stated a preference, and so instantly I'm the bad guy.
Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

Back to top Go down

Post  RaF on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Let's not turn this thread into a shitstorm shall we?
Fantastic.

It is true that basic medpicks from high divs and low divs often seem alike. Are they alike? No, the work and thinking that went into them is completely different. But they might still look exactly alike. That makes them eventually boring to watch. Just killing a bunch of high-div players means nothing as everyone has their moments of unawareness.

Trickstabs? Look cool, sure, not reliable, sure. Good.

What I think of this video? Lots of sweet headshots and awesome clips but also loads of "hey I killed a scout with a headshot" which got predicable after a while. Looked good the first few times though.

Who's played against who and is thus more entitled to an opinion about a frag movie by an american spy you've probably never seen actually play? Irrelevant. Give Trip a break, not everyone has the ability/care/time to play this game on a high level.
If you feel the need to respond to an opinion of "I had trouble against this guy" with a "hrrm excuse me my fellow gentleman but I, yes me, have played against better people" then you should just not post it as nobody cares about how awesome you are
If you can play at high levels with a shitty computer and 5 min devotion a week then good for you, not everyone can so please lets not discuss this as people learn/upkeep skills at vastly different rates.

Am I full of myself? At times yes. Not at the time of writing this though, merely tired and disappointed of how this seems to be happening again.
RaF
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/rafalema/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top