Intel for this one I'm sure  afro 

RaF
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/rafalema/

Back to top Go down

Re: UGC Map Talk - Week 2 - Gravelpit

Post  Carlotso25 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Contrary to most Spies I talk to, I actually don't mind this map this much. It's a map that heavily favors co-ordination, and teams that don't utilize it will naturally take a dislike to it.

As I said, one of the best things you can do on this map is co-ordinate. I love to run C&D and L'Etranger on offense so I can sit on B, ready to either backstab the med/engie/sap the sentry depending on what my team wants from me. I got all three in a scrim the other day Very Happy

Attacking C is moderately the same, though if I've survived the B push I like to sit on C just as B is about to be capped. You almost never fully cap it, but it's nice just to put some pressure on it. On this point I prefer focusing the Engie and the Sentry so our jumpers can do their work. The Solly and Demo are incredibly important for attacking A. As your team ubers in, having them jump the point splits the defense so much. I prefer to take out the Engie and Heavy on defense as they're the ones that shut down the jumpers the most. Though a drop never goes amiss ofc.

On defense, I almost never do anything on A besides giving info. I have a lovely little spot on C that I like to hide in that has given me quite a few drops should the enemy decide to uber through C to B. I'll show it in an upcoming spots video for the Novus channel if people come forward and submit some spots they know off. Otherwise I like to maintain positioning about C and comm whatever is coming through there. I roam a bit though if my Scout is amazing and has got that covered well.

And for defending C, the main goal here is just to comm wherever they are pushing from. Your team can defend C really well if they know everything is going on. Main reason people lose C is because the enemy pushed in too quick from a position they didnt expect, and by the time they react to it, jumpers are on the point and have already got it half capped before people realize. I think it's vitally important to comm everything possible, particularly jumpers, the Sniper and the Med.

I look forward to the official on it.

Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Post  RaF on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:23 pm

I really like gravelpit as well and actually it's one of the only maps where I often actually topscore  Smile 

I tend to go with cloak and dagger a lot but more and more trying out pure gunspy after the first few lives of Cnd wannabe meddropping and gunspy is really effective on this map since the flanks are open and huge.

RaF
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/rafalema/

Back to top Go down

Post  PixelRelic on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 pm

It's critical to call which B/C door they're pushing from on defense. The pyro can deny the combo like crazy if he's prepared.

PixelRelic
Notably Dangerous
Notably Dangerous

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/pixelrelic/

Back to top Go down

Post  _kayzer_ on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:21 pm

RaF wrote:pure gunspy after the first few lives of Cnd wannabe meddropping and gunspy is really effective on this map since the flanks are open and huge.
this

_kayzer_
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top