Spy Meta - Has it changed?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spy Meta - Has it changed?

Post  Carlotso25 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Toast wrote:@Isil

That doesn't make sense to me. In High there was definitely mostly knife spies, and in prem in S8 I see somewhat the same thing. There were 10 spies in prem last season, that actually played. Looking away from the deviations of hybrid spies, I hope we can agree that the following spies play gun spy relatively consistently; Khazul, Inso, Villdjack, Polar. That leaves Grenja, P1nky, Kostil, Cherie, Joe and Deox.

(6/10)*100% = 60 % of spies being knife spies. This percentage increases if we count the mercs, and things like polar playing invis spy in more important matches like Highpander/Premtech if I remember correctly.

When comparing Grenja and inso, who are through lengthy discussion with a lot of spy main biasness, at the very top of their respective playstyles, and have very similar stats. eg. Roughly the same amount of kills, med picks etc.  

@Carl

If the buff hardly does anything, I don't understand what there is to achieve by doing what they did. The option was perfectly viable, hence its popular use. The only thing it seems to achieve is spies getting out of retarded places, just like the DR before. An example: Because the damage resist on invis is instant, you can basically tank a quickscope from a sniper without the need to care, because you only take 120. Another is the new Invis/Big Earner. Because of the flawed redesign of the DR, it's just so much more luck-based than before. You can't engage a good player with the new dr, you just have to pussy out. You move to ammo kit number 194, proceed to try and headshot the medic, scout finds you and you immediately feign unconvincingly and go to ammo kit number 195. Completely contradicts its purpose, and the entire idea of feigning. It also ends up being a complete waste of time, because you essentially run around picking up ammo kits the whole game, and then occasionally coming with a med/flank pick.

Luckily for me, gunspy is still viable. Now it just requires actual aim, which so few seem to have anyway. Though I think that gunspies are going to get rarer, and effective ones even rarer.

In that list of Spies you mentioned though, you forget that P1nky, Kostil, Cherie and Joe are all shit. Deox and Grenja are the only decent knife Spies, and tbh I would class Deox as a hybrid as well. He has gone gunspy against my team a couple times. YOUR MATH MEANS NOTHING.

The buffs to Invis & C&D are to make it more appealing. I'm sure they were happy with how it was, they just wanted to speed up the game a bit by lowering timers on debuffs with it, and adding a damage reduction to entice people to use it more. In a comp scenario it literally changes nothing if you had decent cloak movement to begin with. If you chose a path to go down and died to random spam, well choose a less spammy route retard. The only bit that matters about being a knife Spy is when you've decloaked behind your opponent, and none of the changes actually effect that. So knife Spy is the same as it always has been.

And yes, you can't take straight up 1v1's anymore, that's the point. It's the same as any other class now, hit your shots or fuck off. Though Spy still has the advantage of being able to fuck off if you do it early enough, and faster than any other class can really. It's a nerf yes, but I honestly think it's justified. As much as I loved the playstyle, I always thought it was the most stupidest thing that I could beat a Soldier in a 1v1. The new DR is designed to encourage catching your opponent off guard more rather than getting in his face, and I'm fine with that because the speed boost is fun to use.

The entire idea of feigning is a joke imo anyway. With the old DR, it was for tanking damage, plain and simple. Nobody bought your feigns with original DR, nobody will buy your feigns with this new DR. When I say that, I mean actually believing your dead. Because whether you feign, or whether you die, no competent player will ever call "Spy down" unless they're 100% sure they killed you. It is a shitty call that will just end up getting your Med backstabbed, so it's always a better idea to just assume that the Spy is up. Stabby's idea of "take a little damage before you feign, just to make it convincing" is a pub thing. Your feigns mean nothing, old or new DR, just be smart now and use your DR to gain a positioning advantage.

Because at the end of it, being in a good position with a DR charge is much better than being in a good position with Invis or C&D, because you can still live in that scenario. The problem with DR was positioning, but the extra speed mobility will let you achieve that. You can literally function the same as a Scout. Spies can and will adapt to this. In a month, we'll still miss old DR ofc, but we'll be perfectly fine with this new one. Guarantee it.
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:53 am

@Carl

Points taken, even though I still disagree almost entirely. lol.

pig

@Woolen

I think hes making a video or something soon about it. I don't know about him, but I sure as hell would be hyped to hear that a weapon I had been using for years was buffed to the verge of broken(ish) lol. For me it would be like the amby getting the headshot cooldown timer removed or something. Very Happy
Toast
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Plays for : Foungi)))

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/ToastTheMugger

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:29 pm

Toast wrote:@Carl

Points taken, even though I still disagree almost entirely. lol.

pig

@Woolen

I think hes making a video or something soon about it. I don't know about him, but I sure as hell would be hyped to hear that a weapon I had been using for years was buffed to the verge of broken(ish) lol. For me it would be like the amby getting the headshot cooldown timer removed or something. Very Happy
The amby had no cooldown when it was released Very Happy

it did minicrits on headshot though r i p
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Plays for : whatever the weeaboo team is called this season

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Woolen/

Back to top Go down

Post  Runyx on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:10 am

pinkrabbit wrote:
SilentNinja wrote: If your aim isnt good/constantly good enough, you´ll just end up wasting time and fail very hard.

You won't reach top divs if your aim isn't great

SilentNinja wrote: when there are just a few people with amazing aim (Solid, Evan for example)

People are lazy. How many spies do you know who actually make a habit of improving their aim daily?

Maybe not daily but when I don't play lobbies or wait for them to be ready I go in a badwater server and finish rounds with nothing but my Amby.this is the best training in my opinion.
Runyx
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Plays for : United Koala Club

View user profile Http://steam community.com/I'd/runyx

Back to top Go down

Post  › LuckE on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:54 am

As the great Hei once said, "the spy's life does not matter at all. Go for picks or die trying."

Hei is mai senpai :>

› LuckE
Strange
Strange

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Segno on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 am

oh my god don't read what I posted on here in the past. I was such a moron
Segno
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

Plays for : Spicy+ Support

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/SegnoGaming/

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:47 pm

› LuckE wrote:As the great Hei once said, "the spy's life does not matter at all. Go for picks or die trying."

Hei is mai senpai :>

hei is also a huge weeaboo
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Plays for : whatever the weeaboo team is called this season

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Woolen/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down