I like the new DR, All I'm saying.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I like the new DR, All I'm saying.

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 pm

ElazuL wrote: Basic DR usage was all about taking some damage to make a feign believable. Now you have to feign right away if you want to have a chance.

really don't underestimate the importance of how valve straight up removed this
like it was genuinely possible to get away from decent players by taking like 100 damage then dead ringering away, now they've made it so there's no game of chicken and you have to pussy out asap
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Plays for : whatever the weeaboo team is called this season

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Woolen/

Back to top Go down

Post  ElazuL on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:44 pm

a Woolen Sleevelet wrote:
ElazuL wrote: Basic DR usage was all about taking some damage to make a feign believable. Now you have to feign right away if you want to have a chance.

like it was genuinely possible to get away from decent players by taking like 100 damage then dead ringering away, now they've made it so there's no game of chicken and you have to pussy out asap

^This.
It's a pussyRinger.
Made for Carl Cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9cS-iXa9A

No but really, the first days I heard about DR, it was all about making it believable so even smart people wouldnt know you used your DR. Now you have no other choices, they will know, that's that.
ElazuL
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Plays for : Strong Opinions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:49 pm

ElazuL wrote:

^This.
It's a pussyRinger.
Made for Carl Cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9cS-iXa9A

No but really, the first days I heard about DR, it was all about making it believable so even smart people wouldnt know you used your DR. Now you have no other choices, they will know, that's that.

Let us be honest, In high level competitive all you have to do is press tab to see if a spy used his DR or not.. They always knew now we can just get away with speedy buff even when they know.

Sneaky
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:07 pm

The DR was never about making feigns believable. It was about getting some shots in before you decided "lol no."

People don't like change kek.
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:22 pm

carl mate what are you talking about
half the scouts soldiers and demos you meet in competitive are 6s mains and have no idea how spy works
you can pull the feign shit off on anyone up to shadowburn, you just need to take shitloads of damage, they have no idea half the time when you overdid it and just died playing chicken.
used to work way more than it should have, but it still worked.
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:22 am

Making feigns believable was definitely a bonus then. You could literally fool anyone, and it definitely seems rare that anybody consciously used the tab thingy.

The DR just doesn't make any sense. The way it's designed now is very contradictive when thinking about its purpose.
Toast
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Plays for : Foungi)))

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/ToastTheMugger

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:12 am

Toast wrote:Making feigns believable was definitely a bonus then. You could literally fool anyone, and it definitely seems rare that anybody consciously used the tab thingy.

The DR just doesn't make any sense. The way it's designed now is very contradictive when thinking about its purpose.  
on every team i've ever played on i've been the only one to keep track of if the spy died or not, no-one else bothered.
literally every team i've played against has had shit spy sense too, but you know, whatevs :7
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:47 am

Toast wrote:Making feigns believable was definitely a bonus then. You could literally fool anyone, and it definitely seems rare that anybody consciously used the tab thingy.

No more less contradictive than the old DR imo. If anything, I would say it's better, as the speed boost will better allow you to leave the area you're in currently, so people might believe your feign when you don't go to the obvious ammo pack.
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Carlotso25 wrote:

No more less contradictive than the old DR imo. If anything, I would say it's better, as the speed boost will better allow you to leave the area you're in currently, so people might believe your feign when you don't go to the obvious ammo pack.
But the fact that you can't extend your cloak and that it takes forever to recharge means you always have to go for the obvious ammo pack, whereas before you could pick up weapons to go a different route.
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Flittzy on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Carlotso25 wrote:

But the fact that you can't extend your cloak and that it takes forever to recharge means you always have to go for the obvious ammo pack, whereas before you could pick up weapons to go a different route.

Well, if you can't extend your cloak, then you will have no need for that obvious ammo pack so soon. Rather, using the speed boost to get behind the enemy lines would be more efficient. I think the new dead ringer is a good concept, but not quite complete. I dunno why, but I always seem to gravitate more towards the invis after the update. That damage resistance doe.
Flittzy
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

Plays for : Taking a break from tf2

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChickenSteve/

Back to top Go down

Post  ElazuL on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:23 pm

I also agree that only spies were checking enemy spies with Tab, never heard anyone calling it after they checked. It's a spy main thingy.
I still like Woolen new DR idea a lot more than the current one.

:edit:

YES
"Fixed a case where speed-line particles were visible for enemy players when a Spy triggered the Dead Ringer"
ElazuL
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Plays for : Strong Opinions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregoravich on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Carlotso25 wrote:
Still, it just ain't the same in pubs no more :c

you said it bretheren

Gregoravich
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregoravich on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:52 pm

on every team i've ever played on i've been the only one to keep track of if the spy died or not, no-one else bothered.
literally every team i've played against has had shit spy sense too, but you know, whatevs :7

my experience is massively different in regards to keeping track of the spy being alive. since div 4 people always tried to keep track with the ammo pickup and whereabouts, 'spy is coming from behind soon'

Gregoravich
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Gregoravich wrote:

my experience is massively different in regards to keeping track of the spy being alive. since div 4 people always tried to keep track with the ammo pickup and whereabouts, 'spy is coming from behind soon'

No-one I play with gave a shit about spies
Everyone I've played against shit themselves about spies
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregoravich on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:55 am

Gregoravich wrote:

'literally every team i've played against has had shit spy sense too, but you know, whatevs :7'
'Everyone I've played against shit themselves about spies'

?!? whats going on here ?!?

Gregoravich
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Gregoravich wrote:
Gregoravich wrote:

'literally every team i've played against has had shit spy sense too, but you know, whatevs :7'

my team no care spy
enemy team always care look for spy chase spy put things in butt spy etc
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Just played a couple prem games the other day using the new DR. Honestly, I'm fucking loving it.

If you watch your HP, it's incredible. Scouts, Soldiers and Pyros can't do anything against you. The speed boost allows you to get away from anyone and just confuse the enemy 100% where you're gonna go. I fucking love it. And if you've got good amby aim, then jesus H christ it's gg.

I'M BETTER WITH THIS NEW DR CUNTS.
Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Carlotso25 wrote:Just played a couple prem games the other day using the new DR. Honestly, I'm fucking loving it.

If you watch your HP, it's incredible. Scouts, Soldiers and Pyros can't do anything against you. The speed boost allows you to get away from anyone and just confuse the enemy 100% where you're gonna go. I fucking love it. And if you've got good amby aim, then jesus H christ it's gg.

I'M BETTER WITH THIS NEW DR CUNTS.

were you really that shit before /s

nice to see that people are adapting though,
i havent been able to play tf2 lately so i'm still stuck in the mindset that its shit
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Carlotso25 wrote:

Just played a couple prem games the other day using the new DR. Honestly, I'm fucking loving it.

The first bit doesn't make sense to me. With the new DR you can almost take no damage whatsoever, so you have to feign instantly when you see someone coming, and noone will ever buy into that. You could fool literally anyone before because the damage resistance was so high, and thus made it more flexiable. Now you basically have to feign as soon as you take damage because you're just gonna get spammed to bits.

That being said, against actual good players, the thing does indeed still work. The trick is a little(+-) fiddling around with your playstyle. Making feigns believable though is now a lot up to how bad the opposing players aim is, and not as much you knowing how much damage you can take. Oddly enough, I found the watch to be less useful against <prem players. Very Happy
Toast
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Plays for : Foungi)))

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/ToastTheMugger

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:32 pm

Toast wrote:
Carlotso25 wrote:

The first bit doesn't make sense to me. With the new DR you can almost take no damage whatsoever, so you have to feign instantly when you see someone coming, and noone will ever buy into that. You could fool literally anyone before because the damage resistance was so high, and thus made it more flexiable. Now you basically have to feign as soon as you take damage because you're just gonna get spammed to bits.

That being said, against actual good players, the thing does indeed still work. The trick is a little(+-) fiddling around with your playstyle. Making feigns believable though is now a lot up to how bad the opposing players aim is, and not as much you knowing how much damage you can take. Oddly enough, I found the watch to be less useful against <prem players. Very Happy

its probably because prem players are used to the normal dr and could give 2 shits about chasing a spy
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregoravich on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Toast wrote:
Carlotso25 wrote:

i agree with you toast, also, whats the point in being able to escape when you are full health? it so much more effort and improv thinking to escape on lower health and gauge the damage you will take accurately and safely. the DR is no longer such a good escape tool for me because i would only want to escape when i have exhausted all of my options and cant fight- ie. too low health and escaping with full health is kind of unnecessary if you can aim a gun unless there are heals on your attacker.

Gregoravich
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregoravich on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Gregoravich wrote:
Gregoravich wrote:

my team no care spy
enemy team always care look for spy chase spy put things in butt spy etc

how can put in spy butt when 'literally every team i've played against has had shit spy sense too' one should strive for a more elusive butt

Gregoravich
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You might hate me but...

Post  SirStabalot on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:51 pm

I like the nerf. I agree with the OP, in that this new DR stresses the escaping aspect of spying. This should help me considering I tend to linger too long and get greedy. The fire resistance is nice allowing for a nice other anti pyro option considering the silent aspect of the Spycycle was removed.

btw: try the new DR with the new Big Earner for ultimate speedy Gonzalez Razz

SirStabalot
Strange
Strange

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/stabalottrades

Back to top Go down

Post  Segno on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 pm

DR is still kinda brainless in pubs. Been using stock and CnD way more than what is healthy.
Segno
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

Plays for : Spicy+ Support

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/SegnoGaming/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top