Unorthodox Trickstabs...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unorthodox Trickstabs...

Post  FuzioN on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:22 am

So I love playing spy right. It's great stabbing people in the back and getting cool stabs and being all sneaky but what really gets me going for spy, outsmarting people. Its the best feeling in the world...but you will meet those especially smart and aware opponents that will defend themselves against your trickstabs. So what do you do? Use unorthodox trickstabs that they probably won't know. For example Bl4de's "flipstab" or the "moonstab." So I want you guys to post some weird trickstabs down below! Very Happy
FuzioN
Strange
Strange

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/368616/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unorthodox Trickstabs...

Post  Sneaker on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:06 am

The best way to gauge an unorthodox stab is ones that aren't defined by a name that labels it as what it is, and that's what makes such stabs so unique, since there's no visual and physical boundary to what a certain stab was be and how it must look like.

But to be relevant those that are fast and unexpected to oneself. Smile
Sneaker
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Plays for : them b*tches

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/sneakerspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Segno on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:17 am

So what sneaker was saying is spam wasd and hope you poke something
Segno
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

Plays for : Spicy+ Support

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/SegnoGaming/

Back to top Go down

Post  Flittzy on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:07 am

Yep, basically. A lot of the "flashy" trickstabs I pull off consist of my spamming my keys and believing Razz
Flittzy
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

Plays for : Taking a break from tf2

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChickenSteve/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:23 am

360 tango fakeout matador switch n stab. I find for unorthadox stuff slurgi knows his stuff

incase anyone doesn't already know him -> https://www.youtube.com/user/TF2Slurgi

Sneaky
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaNissanic on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Honestly, trickstabbing is just not my thing unless i'm going for last ditch efforts. I am a big fan of reverse mats and the such, but using my guns is just much more satisfying, especially if you finish with a headshot
PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Plays for : Heart of Steel

View user profile https://steamcommunity.com/id/NissanIceCar/

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:34 pm

why would you go for edgy trickstabs when you can just shoot the guy
seriously
think about it
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Plays for : whatever the weeaboo team is called this season

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Woolen/

Back to top Go down

Post  bl4de on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Oi, thanks for the shout-out.

And yes, I definitely agree. To be honest, these days 75% of all of the trickstabs I get are unorthodox. Rarely do I do a simple strafe left, strafe right and stab without anything else. Rarely do I jump from the top of stairs straight towards a w+m1 player. Over time my sense for the trickstabs has changed and made me realize unconsciously that the unorthodox movement and eye contact is really what throws people off.

For example, standing at the top of a set of stairs and staring an enemy down before I can jump rarely works. Now, for instance, I may constantly stutterstep at the top of stairs, but while looking a completely different direction, such as to my left. Now, from the enemy's perspective on the stairs, it looks as if I've got my attention fully set on someone or something else, which'll give them a false sense of security.

And now, suddenly, I've made this experienced tf2 veteran coming up the stairs look like a day 1. If its a pyro, maybe they'll whip out their powerjack and walk in a straight line towards what they think is an occupied spy. If its a low-hp soldier or scout, maybe they will think they are clever and try to get a melee kill. Whatever the case, I've now got this player moving in a straight line to a spy at the top of stairs. And if you've got any experience with spies, I'm pretty sure you know what's going to happen next.
bl4de
Strange
Strange

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/bl4despy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:21 pm

a Woolen Sleevelet wrote:why would you go for edgy trickstabs when you can just shoot the guy
seriously
think about it

for fun in pubs against those "I can't get trickstabbed dont even try" kind of guys

Sneaky
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Sneaky wrote:
a Woolen Sleevelet wrote:why would you go for edgy trickstabs when you can just shoot the guy
seriously
think about it

for fun in pubs against those "I can't get trickstabbed dont even try" kind of guys
but then you pretend you're going to trickstab them so they move really predictably making shooting them in the head really easy.
you can see the shame they feel in their dying eyes "oh god a spy who actually uses their gun it is now my life goal to chase him everywhere"
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:15 pm

a Woolen Sleevelet wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

but then you pretend you're going to trickstab them so they move really predictably making shooting them in the head really easy.
you can see the shame they feel in their dying eyes "oh god a spy who actually uses their gun it is now my life goal to chase him everywhere"

or the double bluff.... go for the trickstab whip out the gun, go back to the knife and look at the utter humiliation when they realise how badly done they just were.

Sneaky
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

or the double bluff.... go for the trickstab whip out the gun, go back to the knife and look at the utter humiliation when they realise how badly done they just were.
Or go for the quintuple bluff - get an admin to disguise you as a spy so that they think you're going for the trick gun trick doublebluff, then just turn around and tear their ass apart with a minigun.
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaker on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:12 am

Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

Or go for the quintuple bluff - get an admin to disguise you as a spy so that they think you're going for the trick gun trick doublebluff, then just turn around and tear their ass apart with a minigun.

Oh my god we must go deeper
Sneaker
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Plays for : them b*tches

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/sneakerspy

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:21 am

Sneaker wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

Ok, try this:
1. Locate target
2. Disguise as friendly pyro
3. Kill self

I'm pretty sure this is the epitome of all trickstabs, I've never found anyone to report that it doesn't work.
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  FuzioN on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:57 am

Sneaker wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

Ok, try this:
1. Locate target
3. Kill self

I'm pretty sure this is the epitome of all trickstabs, I've never found anyone to report that it doesn't work.

I think once gaben was a spy and he once reversed pyschology-d a player so hard that his mind evolved into what he is now. He is now the father of the greatest little known trickstab possible: the evolution pyschological inception stab. Ps now this post looks like an old school camera aperture thingy. My eyes hurt...
FuzioN
Strange
Strange

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 pm

FuzioN wrote:
Sneaker wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

Ok, try this:
1. Locate target
3. Kill self

I think once gaben was a spy and he once reversed pyschology-d a player so hard that his mind evolved into what he is now. He is now the father of the greatest little known trickstab possible: the evolution pyschological inception stab. Ps now this post looks like an old school camera aperture thingy. My eyes hurt...
how long can the quote get before it starts glitching out
lets find out
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Post  Flittzy on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:29 pm

FuzioN wrote:
Sneaker wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

Ok, try this:
1. Locate target
3. Kill self

lets find out

So this is a thing now? Let the eyestrain continue!
Flittzy
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

Plays for : Taking a break from tf2

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChickenSteve/

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:42 pm

Mango wrote:
FuzioN wrote:
Sneaker wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

Ok, try this:
1. Locate target
3. Kill self

lets find out

a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Mango wrote:
FuzioN wrote:
Sneaker wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

Ok, try this:
1. Locate target
3. Kill self

lets find out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAsUORWSGc

Sneaky
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Sneaky wrote:
Mango wrote:
FuzioN wrote:
Sneaker wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
Sneaky wrote:
seriously
think about it

Ok, try this:
1. Locate target
3. Kill self

lets find out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAsUORWSGc
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregoravich on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:29 pm

seriously
think about it

#LAD

Gregoravich
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Villdjack on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:48 pm

seriously
think about it

When you get casted you need to go for the helicopter stabs...

Admin
Admin

Plays for : Fair enough & Team Sweden

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/villdjack

Back to top Go down

Post  a Woolen Sleevelet on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:16 pm

Villdjack wrote:
seriously
think about it

It's actually called the 360 no twenty helecopter stab, I'll have you know.
a Woolen Sleevelet
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  FuzioN on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Villdjack wrote:
seriously
think about it

It's actually called the 360 no twenty helecopter stab, I'll have you know.

(read this in your rich british guy voice) Only a man of your...degree of spying would know the real name...I bet you've performed countless of these stabs good sir...
FuzioN
Strange
Strange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top