I'm Transgender, what else is new?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm Transgender, what else is new?

Post  Carlotso25 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Alright, so I've gotten a couple messages by a handful of people on the forum (and on steam) regarding what's on my Steam profile. Just so I don't have to keep typing it out, it's easier if I make a topic here explaining it.

I'm trans and wanna be a girl. k? k.

Things of note:

• I plan to transition and start HRT asap.
  • I don't give a rats ass about pronouns and probably won't until I start living as a female. Call me whatever you like, I really don't care.
  • This pretty much changes nothing to how I'll act online. If I see any MS whiteknights trying to approach me, your ass is out of here. Unless you're REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD AT IT.
  • IRL, I'm out to a close friend, but besides that my family doesn't know.
  • I'm bi.
  • I'm open to any questions you got.

being a girl all along, the perfect disguise POTATOMANSTROOF

Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Plays for : 66 Degrees North

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carlotso25

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm Transgender, what else is new?

Post  PaNissanic on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Carlotso25 wrote:being a girl all along, the perfect disguise POTATOMANSTROOF
Best spy
On another note, congrats on having the power to come out, and know that you have my support!

PaNissanic
Spectacularly Lethal
Spectacularly Lethal

Plays for : Heart of Steel

View user profile https://steamcommunity.com/id/NissanIceCar/

Back to top Go down

Post  Almaironn on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:48 pm

OMG GRILL GAMER!
Also whats an MS whiteknight? I legit dont know.

Almaironn
Wicked Nasty
Wicked Nasty

View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/almaironn

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:39 pm

The player MSAnimator, probably one of the biggest whiteknights I know. A whiteknight is some guy who tries to defend girls at every single opportunity and basically be a "knight" you know.

Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Almaironn on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:11 pm

So... MLG fedora tipping 150 IQ redditor, I think I get it. M'lady.

EDIT: I liked this video tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g4EJFRmCdg Good example of keeping the mood and atmosphere while keeping the editing simple

Almaironn
Wicked Nasty
Wicked Nasty

Back to top Go down

Post  Selek on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:14 am

Good luck, hopefully it all goes well for you!

As long as you keep on making your videos with the cheeky commentary and fun editing, I don't care either way Razz

Are you not very close to your family? Do you intend to tell them before starting the therapy?

Selek
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Selektionsfaktor/

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:51 am

Selek wrote:Good luck, hopefully it all goes well for you!

As long as you keep on making your videos with the cheeky commentary and fun editing, I don't care either way Razz

Are you not very close to your family? Do you intend to tell them before starting the therapy?
WHY CAN'T YOU LOVE ME FOR ME AND NOT WHAT I DO!??!?! *cries in corner*

I'm close with my ma and sis, but not so much with my dad and bro. I plan to tell my sis before therapy, and tell my ma about two months into therapy. As for my dad and bro, I don't give a shit lol.

Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Selek on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:26 am

Fine, have it your way. I will disregard the great fruits that stem from your mind from now on. Happy? Cool

Fair enough. As long as you don't have to go through it alone!

Selek
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

Back to top Go down

Post  Runyx on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:53 am

Reading the topic

Reading replys to see if this is a joke or real

Deciding this is real

attempting to post a reply

It may be something normal in UK. Which is why I wish you good luck with the therapy.
We have trans people here in Romania too but I personally see it a bit weird. I mean, why would you do that? You was born as a man, then decide to be a female.
Don't get me wrong, I wish you luck and all the best but think about what you're doing. Your whole life will be completely different.
Again, good luck and I hope you'll find the best doctors for this.  Very Happy

Runyx
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Plays for : United Koala Club

View user profile Http://steam community.com/I'd/runyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr British on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:44 am

Runyx wrote:Reading the topic

Deciding this is real

It may be something normal in UK. Which is why I wish you good luck with the therapy.
We have trans people here in Romania too but I personally see it a bit weird. I mean, why would you do that? You was born as a man, then decide to be a female.
Don't get me wrong, I wish you luck and all the best but think about what you're doing. Your whole life will be completely different.

Without trying to sound hostile, it's not that one decides that one is transgender, it's as if you feel as if your biological sex (what you are assigned) does not match what you feel, your gender. This is how I understand it (as someone who is cis-gendered (biological sex = gender)) but I am more than welcome to be corrected, if I am incorrect.

Mr British
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/datbeamsfez

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:08 am

Runyx wrote: We have trans people here in Romania too but I personally see it a bit weird. I mean, why would you do that? You was born as a man, then decide to be a female.
It is weird! But for me, I just identify as a female. The clothing choices, the gender roles, the general demeanor, I want to take part in all that as a girl. I imagine my future and happiness in life whilst being a female, and I don't see it as a male. It may be easier to just stay male, but for the sake of my happiness I'm willing to change my life, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Tbh, I think I'm going to have an easier time than most Trans even. I already pass pretty well imo, my voice is literally the only masculine part about me haha.

Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Runyx on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Well, I wish you all the best <3
P.S. maybe you can change your voice too because a female with a male voice will be kinda weird :)

Runyx
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Runyx on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Mr British wrote:

Deciding this is real

Without trying to sound hostile, it's not that one decides that one is transgender, it's as if you feel as if your biological sex (what you are assigned) does not match what you feel, your gender. This is how I understand it (as someone who is cis-gendered (biological sex = gender)) but I am more than welcome to be corrected, if I am incorrect.
I didn't try to be hostile. I'm really sorry if I did sound hostile.

Runyx
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Runyx on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Oh and Carlotso , will you be posting videos the same way you did before? Because I need to thank you for making all those videos.
I used your videos and others from other 4 youtubers as inspiration for my own channel. If your channel wouldn't exist ,probably my channel wouldn't exist or at least not be as successful as it is now.
So thanks for that <3
I wish you a good "new life" as a female and I hope you'll be happy! Very Happy

Runyx
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Selek on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:30 am

Runyx wrote:I mean, why would you do that? You was born as a man, then decide to be a female.

People don't really decide on which gender they identify as. As a sidenote, gender (do you feel male or female?) and sexuality (do you prefer males or females as sexual partners?) are separate from each other. Men and women are genetically very similar to each other (the Y chromosome has only about 50 genes, compared to the ~22,500 genes in total in humans), other factors play a much bigger role.

"Sexual hormones" like testosterone, estrogens and many other are a huge deciding factor on how a human body develops, including the brain. Sometimes some of them are produced more/less than average, are more/less likely to bind to their receptors in the body etc.*. The development of a person can then differ from the most common ways of "female feeling female and is most attracted to men" and "male feeling male and is most attracted to women". It's not that the differences are "wrong" in any way, just different.

The only thing that some people decide on is that they would like to align how their body developed (for instance male) and how their brain developed (for instance female).

Some reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexualism

*There might be other factors like DNA methylation, I honestly don't know.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just came home at night and am still too energetic to sleep. Feel free to TL;DR Smile

Selek
Scarcely Lethal
Scarcely Lethal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr British on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Runyx wrote:
Mr British wrote:

Deciding this is real

I didn't try to be hostile. I'm really sorry if I did sound hostile.

No, you didn't sound hostile. Just I thought I sounded a bit arrogant and annoyed in the reply, without saying it.

Mr British
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Back to top Go down

Post  Almaironn on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Its quite understandable coming from Romania. I dont exactly know how it is there, but I imagine its similar as here in Slovakia (since both countries dont seem to be exactly fully developed and have been communistic as a result of Soviet occupation). That means most people dont really have respect for transgender people, see it as an illness and sometimes also say things like "we shouldnt blindly accept everything thats coming to us from the west" (ikr lol) so if youre just a little bit sympathetic towards LGBT you are an outsider. I expect this to change eventually, but right now thats how it is.

Almaironn
Wicked Nasty
Wicked Nasty

Back to top Go down

Post  Runyx on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Selek wrote:
Runyx wrote:I mean, why would you do that? You was born as a man, then decide to be a female.

People don't really decide on which gender they identify as. As a sidenote, gender (do you feel male or female?) and sexuality (do you prefer males or females as sexual partners?) are separate from each other. Men and women are genetically very similar to each other (the Y chromosome has only about 50 genes, compared to the ~22,500 genes in total in humans), other factors play a much bigger role.

"Sexual hormones" like testosterone, estrogens and many other are a huge deciding factor on how a human body develops, including the brain. Sometimes some of them are produced more/less than average, are more/less likely to bind to their receptors in the body etc.*. The development of a person can then differ from the most common ways of "female feeling female and is most attracted to men" and "male feeling male and is most attracted to women". It's not that the differences are "wrong" in any way, just different.

The only thing that some people decide on is that they would like to align how their body developed (for instance male) and how their brain developed (for instance female).

Some reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexualism

*There might be other factors like DNA methylation, I honestly don't know.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just came home at night and am still too energetic to sleep. Feel free to TL;DR Smile

Ok, you're right in everything you said.

Runyx
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Segno on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Grats Carl. Forgot to reply, just been reading this back and forth stuff.

Segno
Somewhat Threatening
Somewhat Threatening

Plays for : Spicy+ Support

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/SegnoGaming/

Back to top Go down

Post  Runyx on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Almaironn wrote:Its quite understandable coming from Romania. I dont exactly know how it is there, but I imagine its similar as here in Slovakia (since both countries dont seem to be exactly fully developed and have been communistic as a result of Soviet occupation). That means most people dont really have respect for transgender people, see it as an illness and sometimes also say things like "we shouldnt blindly accept everything thats coming to us from the west" (ikr lol) so if youre just a little bit sympathetic towards LGBT you are an outsider. I expect this to change eventually, but right now thats how it is.

You're partially right.
You're right about the communism and some people show disrespect for transgenders.
But most of these people who show disrespect lived in the communism.
I didn't live in communism and I don't disrespect anybody, but I just found it a little weird. Now I perfectly understand him.
I'm sorry if I was disrespectful. I didn't mean to be like this.
English is not my first language tho and maybe I didn't choose the right words.

Runyx
Mildly Menacing
Mildly Menacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlotso25 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:23 am

Nah I haven't been disrespected at all. I know a lot of people feel different on the issue, but to me being transgender honestly shouldn't give me special treatment. I don't want to be raised on some pedestal where everyone has to be sensitive and careful about what they say and do.

I wanna be a girl, that's it. As long as I'm comfortable that I'm a female in my mind and body, then I don't give a damn whether someone used a term that wasn't 100% correct. You find it weird? Well that's your right, and I don't find it offensive in the slightest that you do. You're not undergoing my feelings, so it's natural that it's alien to you.

I just can't stand the kind of sensitivity in anything these days, and it's why tumblr really pisses me off. Racism, sexual relations, gender identity, religion. It's all just really oversensitive people and I wish we could just take a chill pill and have the ability to say something without someone taking offense to it for no real reason other than to feel entitled.

Feel free to say anything you like to me, I really don't take offense. I mean you wished me good luck, so you're clearly with good intent. It's genuinely impossible for you to say anything wrong to me from that point.

But even then, someone could come up to me right now and argue with me saying that I'm an abomination for doing this, it's not natural and I can't do it. Well he's a bit of a twat isn't he? But I don't give a shit, I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing. Not raise a shitstorm about intolerant assholes.

Though I get that everyone's different and my opinion probably does little to advance for all trans people who lack the confidence to be able to be who they want to be. I'm a really confident person, and I'm confident in this, so I'm very optimistic Very Happy

I hope a day comes when we can all be comfortable with issues like homosexuality and gender issues so that this stuff becomes no big deal at all. And when it does, then I hope to god we can drop the sensitivity.

Sorry, am ranting. But I promise ya, nothing you say could ever offend me. I am a really hard person to offend.

Carlotso25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr British on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:54 am

Carlotso25 wrote:Nah I haven't been disrespected at all. I know a lot of people feel different on the issue, but to me being transgender honestly shouldn't give me special treatment. I don't want to be raised on some pedestal where everyone has to be sensitive and careful about what they say and do.

I wanna be a girl, that's it. As long as I'm comfortable that I'm a female in my mind and body, then I don't give a damn whether someone used a term that wasn't 100% correct. You find it weird? Well that's your right, and I don't find it offensive in the slightest that you do. You're not undergoing my feelings, so it's natural that it's alien to you.

I just can't stand the kind of sensitivity in anything these days, and it's why tumblr really pisses me off. Racism, sexual relations, gender identity, religion. It's all just really oversensitive people and I wish we could just take a chill pill and have the ability to say something without someone taking offense to it for no real reason other than to feel entitled.

Feel free to say anything you like to me, I really don't take offense. I mean you wished me good luck, so you're clearly with good intent. It's genuinely impossible for you to say anything wrong to me from that point.

But even then, someone could come up to me right now and argue with me saying that I'm an abomination for doing this, it's not natural and I can't do it. Well he's a bit of a twat isn't he? But I don't give a shit, I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing. Not raise a shitstorm about intolerant assholes.

Though I get that everyone's different and my opinion probably does little to advance for all trans people who lack the confidence to be able to be who they want to be. I'm a really confident person, and I'm confident in this, so I'm very optimistic Very Happy

I hope a day comes when we can all be comfortable with issues like homosexuality and gender issues so that this stuff becomes no big deal at all. And when it does, then I hope to god we can drop the sensitivity.

Sorry, am ranting. But I promise ya, nothing you say could ever offend me. I am a really hard person to offend.

Well said, and don't worry about ranting.

I was wondering whether you watch Sargon of Akkad (https://www.youtube.com/user/SargonofAkkad100 (in particular his "This week in Stupid" series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM9L2W5aOI_0qf2nl9UC0ku7IzmHc7Dry)) or TL;DR (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMIj-wEiKIcGAcLoBO2ciQQ) on YouTube. If not, I suggest checking them out, judging by your comment.

You be you and do whatcha want Smile

Mr British
Unremarkable
Unremarkable

Back to top Go down

Post  Trîp/Reggie on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Oh, alrighty then! Honestly you've gotta have an insane amount of courage to come out to anyone, especially some spy shitlords on the internet. Coming out as trans is infinitely harder than just coming out ordinarily too, because while sexualities are becoming a bit freer, rights and views on trans people are still in a grey area.

You not only have my support, but if you're ever down and need a chat, hit me up.

Trîp/Reggie
Gore-Spattered
Gore-Spattered

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nofriendsontheotherside

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top